As we move into another new year (they keep coming faster and faster), it is maybe worthwhile re-examining our priorities for the year ahead. It may however feel like we’re repeating ourselves, but here goes:
- An end to blacklisting.
- Proper compensation for blacklisted workers.
- Blacklisted workers back at work.
- End to agency working and bogus self employment.
- An adherence to National Agreements.
- No deaths or serious injury on sites.
- Repeal of anti trade union laws.
- Trade Unions that act in the interest of its members.
- Dignity at work.
This seems to be the very least that we should expect as we go about our working lives. Yet there are people who vehemently oppose these principles.
Are we asking too much? or are we forever going to be the victims of big business in their pursuit of ever increasing profits? The greed is good brigade will do anything to maintain their way of life.
I’m afraid its going to be another on of those years. Oh well!